Birch Box Settlement
- In a recent class action lawsuit, customers claimed that the Birchbox beauty box subscription service renewed customers’ subscriptions without their consent, and Birchbox charged these customers for a longer period than they wanted to pay on their own
- Any California resident who had a Birchbox subscription automatically renewed between May 1, 2019 and May 6, 2019 is eligible to file a claim in this suit
- Credits from the Birchbox lawsuit can only be used by the person who filed the claim (meaning they’re not transferable to another customer)
California residents who signed up for the Birchbox subscription service may be eligible to receive free compensation thanks to a new class action lawsuit against the Birchbox company. The class suit against Birchbox claims that Birchbox renewed customer’s subscriptions automatically without their consent.
Birchbox denies they did anything wrong, but has agreed to settle this class action suit just to avoid the hassle and cost of a court case. A final fairness judgement in the Birchbox class suit will be held on June 22, 2019. If the judge approves the settlement (and it’s expected he will), customer will receive their Birchbox credit within 20 days.
Birch Box Settlement Quick Notes
- Birchbox members who bought a woman’s box are eligible to receive $10, and people who purchased a men’s Birchbox are eligible to receive $20 (these amount can be applied to a future Birchbox purchase)
- Settlement compensation from Birchbox will be e-mailed to the address that the customer entered when the filed their Birchbox lawsuit claim
- Any eligible claims in the class action suit against Birchbox must be filed online or postmarked by June 31, 2019, to be considered a valid claim and be eligible for compensation
Any questions in regards to the Birch Box Settlement terms can be directed to 888-755-9508 or Davis Settlement c/o Dahl Administration PO Box 3614 Minneapolis, MN 55403-0614.